Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Epic Year of 2014 and the Promise of 2015

Wow, what a journey 2014 was, looking back I'm reminded of all the trips, learning experiences, and activities that made that year such a memorable one. It was my 8th year as a Realtor and my 4th year as a Broker of RE/MAX 360, it was the year where I set my goals so high that even the most overly ambitious called them over ambitious. I didn't reach my goals as a matter of fact in terms of money, I made less than I had made the previous year, but the investment of time and the great lessons I learned where far more valuable then money.

After reading the book "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill in late 2013 I had decided that I was going to take a massive level of action in all areas of my life. I was going to be a better friend, father, husband, brother, employer, etc, etc. It really is a great book and if you haven't read it I highly recommend you do however I will caution you about one thing. Napoleon Hill was a Humanist, what's a humanist? Well a humanist is a person that believes that all things are attainable and achievable through the human mind, if the mind can think it it can achieve it. It  really empowers the human element and through that power release high levels of productivity to anyone that implements it's habits and strategies. What happens to some of us maybe all of us, certainly happened to me is that when you become your own god you turn your back on the one true God, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It may not happen purposely however it says in the good Book that we are to have only one God and that can't be ourselves. This concept is not in line with the philosophy of Napoleon Hill's book and what I noticed is that I was forcing things to happen that I wasn't ready for and my plans and goals didn't align with God's plans for my life.

When things don't go the way you intended them to, when you encounter adversity, when the failures start outnumbering the successes you have to turn to God, He is trying to tell you something and he certainly was yelling at me loudly last year. What I discovered is that I need to put him first in all areas of my life if I want success in all areas of my life, if He is not the center of all my actions and thoughts then I'm heading down the wrong path and I need to make an adjustment. I'm not a Humanist, my mind can't think anything and achieve anything, I need God on my side then I can achieve anything with Him, He tells us His Word that that He will give us the desires of our heart but we must turn to Him first. So I've changed my goals this year and while I do have financial, health, family, and business goals made they all come secondary to the most important goal which is; 'Put God first in all things I do all of the time". I owe everything to Him, He is with me during the bad times and good times, He is my one true father and weather I attain riches in this world or not I'll be wealthy with God's grace and that is good enough for me.

If you are interested in learning more about God come to church with me, you are invited: http://www.communitybible.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment